Chocolate chip banana bread is the best. I grew up on the this bread and I have been eating it as a special breakfast since I was at least 5 years old. My mom would make it a lot when I was younger. When I started getting into baking, I happily took over the job!
SInce I grew up on chocolate chip banana bread, I’ve never enjoyed eating banana bread without chocolate chips. A banana bread without chocolate chips is like pancakes without maple syrup! It’s just not right. Plus, who doesn’t want to eat chocolate for breakfast?!
This recipe is really easy to make! It’s perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack and will please even the pickiest of eaters.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe: (Makes 1 large loaf or 2 medium loaves)
1/2 C. Butter (Softened)
1 C. Sugar
2 C. All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
3 Very Ripe Bananas
1 12oz Bag of Mini or Regular Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350.
1. In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, mash the ripe bananas. It should be mashed to the consistency of a thick puree.
3. In a stand mixer, beat the softend butter until light and fluffy. Then add the sugar and continue to mix until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time.
4. With the mixer on, alternate the mashed bananas and dry ingredients, starting and ending with mashed bananas. Once incorporated, add the chocolate chips.
5. In greased pans, divided the batter evenly. Place in the oven and set the timer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, loosely cover the top with foil. Cook for an additional 15-40 minutes, depending on how big your loaves are.
This bread freezes really well!
Hope you try it and enjoy!